Tuesday 25 February 2014

Fibreglassing

First I added a layer of gel coat until it was completely dry(took around 40 mins -1hr 30). This is gel coat with 2% catalyst. Then another gel coat with fibreglass sprinkles in it so that the fiberglass matting will cling better. I waited until it was sticky but the gel didn't come off on my glove (took about 30mins, but can take longer on a cold day). Then I painted resin with 2% catalyst onto fibreglass matting onto my piece using a paint brush to dab into the small spaces.

 


 
 Once both sides are dry, there's a loooooong process of getting the clay off the fibre glass mold. But it is very satisfying when it is clean.


Then so that the two sides of the mold will fit together, i sanded then edges and drilled holes through both sides so that i can but a nut and bolt through later to keep it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment