Tuesday 25 February 2014

Molding

Silicone mold supported by a fibreglass jacket.
I made this jig below, so that I could roll out slabs of clay in the same thickness. Then I added them on top of the cling film and smoothed it all together. But I didn't want to push too hard, so that I didn't ruin the sculpt below.



Here I have added keys and along the split line, on the sides and around the bottom edge so that the silicone will fit nicely into the fiberglass mold and the detail will line up properly.









Paint the edge with blue PVA, so that the fibreglass won't stick to the wooden board


I have added a clay funnel that will later be used as a pouring hole for the silicone.







Then I added vac formed plastic to create a shim. There were a lot of gaps so I simply filled them in with sellotape

                                


No comments:

Post a Comment